Sony PSP2 (NGP) Price: How Much Will You Pay?

January 28, 2022 | Tim Ollason
Sony PSP2 (NGP) Price: How Much Will You Pay?

After reporting on various things to do with the NGP such as the specs when it was being shown at the Tokyo event, the fans Twitter reaction to the device and also how it is packing a Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, we wanted to report to you one of the essential details that was missed out at the event.

With things calming down a little now regarding the PSP2 or as it is known the NGP, we wanted to touch on something that hasn’t really had too much of a mention, the price of the device. Surely something packing as much power and diversity as the PSP2 isn’t going to come cheap, but we want to know how much you are willing to pay for one.

Engadget’s Sean Hollister is saying that Jack Tretton of Sony has been quizzed about the price, there have been rumors that it would cost the same a PS3 however this surely cannot be the case. Tretton also implied that it would be more than the 3DS. Now we have a price range of somewhere between $250 and $599.

Something else to consider is the fact that there is more than likely going to be different models of NGP made. There are going to be WiFi only models as well as the 3G ones. As reported by Metro.co.uk customers will not only pay more for the device but also for the 3G connection.

Onto the big question, how much are you prepared to part with for a Sony PSP2 / NGP? Let us know price and what model you would get in the comments section below.

Read More: , , ,

1. Unknown says:

599 US dollars

2. Previous Poster - You would seriously pay $599? Wow.

I could see paying that much for a handheld. I would say $250 would be tops for me.

3. Aron says:

£200/£250 no more

4. mark says:

£200 for sure, I paid £175 for my psp 1000, with PES06 + Accessory pack.
    So, just for the console itself, I would pay £200, £250 if your pushing it to the very edge.
    If it has PS2 GAMES + PS1 GAMES, then I would be happy to pay £250 for it, as long as PS1/PS2 games cost like £15 each or less.

5. bob says:

180-200£ why do they make it with no umd's

6. Oliver says:

$399 for 32GB with 3G. If they offer different size storage…

7. RXtasy7 says:

$350 for WiFi only and $400 for 3G. I would only get WiFi though and just tether wirelessly from my Android phone. UMDs are a hassle to carry around and cost more in terms of production. Everything is going digital so I do not mind downloadable games only. I would most likely get a 32 gb. It's a pity they aren't using expandable memory. Or are they? I thought it only had flash…

8. anonymous says:

Sony will more than likely stick to their original marketing plans (besides the networking), because they already discovered that copying Apple (*cough* PSPGo *cough*) doesn't mean good sales. I expect we will see 2 separate models one for Wifi and with 3G and Wifi, however, if Sony goes will T-Mobile (they usually do) for the Web service, things will be expensive, because T-Mobile asks for $20 just for 1GB of Data per month. So I don't think there will be 8GB, 64GB, etc. versions, we will more likely see just 2 separate models. However, I would like to see Wifi and 3G in a single model and no other model available, that way the price point will probably be lower than 2 seperate models.

Anyways, $350 is probably the best price for a system like this.