Verizon / AT&T iPhone 5: Rumor Roundup

January 16, 2022 | Maddy Rowe

Read More: , , , ,

Verizon / AT&T iPhone 5: Rumor Roundup

As we revel in the wake of Verizon‘s iPhone 4 announcement, questions were asked as to why and how, the big red would deal with Apple’s almost definite introduction of iPhone 5 in the coming months. With the next generation Apple handset on its way, would new iPhone customers take the opportunity to benefit from the re-mastered iPhone 4 or wait to see what the AT&T version 5 had to offer?

Obviously there has been a multitude of rumors surrounding the next gen device so we thought here at OSM, we would round up some of the speculation that we have heard.

Back at the start of December 2010, we reported on the possible introduction of a Pico Projector along with Live Digital TV features. These 2 additions would certainly add an extra something that other smartphone manufacturers have missed. Added to this, Apple had secured back in the same month, the patent for satellite radio which if featured on the iPhone 5, would not only allow AM and FM frequencies but give a wider range of accessibility.

As current iPhone 4 users would agree, the “deathgrip” signal problem caused a massive uproar within Apple’s marketing campaign. Rumors for the 5 have suggested an antenna re-location patent, to place its antenna underneath the Apple logo at the back of the device.

Other rumors had more solid backgrounds like the Upgrade in Processor to a Kinsus A8 application processor, and also the talks of a possible Solar-Power backing which would greatly increase battery longevity. Whilst on the subject of battery life, we reported on a patent secured for Liquid Metal Fuel Cell development which although would never be introduced in time for the iPhone 5, could be a massively fundamental change to all Apple devices.

We are all intrigued to see how the 5 will change style wise, and recently Debbie touched on the fact that some Apple employees had been testing devices without Apple’s iconic “home button.” She reported that finger pinching and swiping gestures would access the home screen. This would be a big design swerve for Apple who have been known for the single button fascia. If we had to comment on possible styling changes, the rumor that the device will become thinner would be where we put our money.

Of all the speculation surrounding the forthcoming Apple iPhone 5, which features could you see making their way onto this much talked about smartphone?

No related posts found

1. Joahn Milla says:

I would love to get rid of my old 3G already. Facetime will only be successful using the networks not with only Wi-Fi. It has to be a 4G device. Must have a better battery but also thinner.
    I would like 64GB at a 8GB price. I love the iPhones anyways better than any other phone I've ever had, but I refuse to buy the iPhone 4 because of all the bad reputation.

• delboy84 says:

64GB at 8GB price? Wouldn't everyone? lol… I'll have a terabite one for the 8GB price ta ;)

• fence-sitter says:

Exactly. Who doesn't like free candy? But…

I'm inclined to limp along on my 3G for another few months if the iPhone 5 is around the corner. Or else ditch and go for an Android :(

• Nick Landis says:

Thinner?? How? And Why? Yeah 64 gb at 8 gb price, this thing Is a smartphone, to get it thinner would make it less powerful and to make the battery better, they’d have to make it thicker. Yes the perfect phone would be nice But it’s not going to happen, at least apple can get close.

• John says:

64gb at 8gb price? Are you crazy?!

2. 4apple says:

iphone 4s bad rep is not true at all. ive had one since it came out. and have had absolutely no problems at all. except for its easy to break, so dont drop it.

3. Josh says:

I’ve wanted am/fm capability on iPods/iPhones since my first iPod in 2005. I’m excited for iPhone 5. That’s when I’ll switch to verizon. I spent 6 years in the Army Reserve and I can’t tell you how many times verizon users had data service when I had nothing at all. Even in Iraq data was free for verizon users.

4. I would love to see a thinner design, a tv tuner, and iPhone hotspot

5. Knightairman says:

I have to agree 4G is a must. Apple is blowing smoke when they say LTE chipsets aren't ready yet. The real issue is there aren't enough LTE connectoin out yet. ATT, Verizon and Tmo all going LTE in the next 5 yrs.

6. Talmon Murphy says:

4 is thin enough just add more battery size-capacity. Also would love for FaceTime to work over cell network.

7. Sydney says:

I dont know what i would do without the home button/:

8. Laurence Burris says:

I went into a Verizon store and decided to order a iPhone 4 online as soon as they go on sale. I need a new phone anyway, and have all apple products- iPad and iMac. The wife will get the iPhone 5 first day they go on sale because that is how we roll.