Apple iPhone 5: Will You Wait Or Switch To Verizon?

January 12, 2022 | Maddy Rowe

Read More: , ,

Apple iPhone 5: Will You Wait Or Switch To Verizon?

Verizon’s introduction to iPhone 4 stirred a lot of people into a frenzy when it was announced this week. While Big Red customers have waited 3 years for Apple to handover the iPhone device, it has left us with a multitude of questions about their actions.

As Peter at PR News remarks one question is why would Verizon customers take on the iPhone 4 when it is highly likely that Apple will be releasing the 5 at the end of June? Yes we are all aware that the 4 suffered with the death grip problem, and that the slight redesign of Verizon’s version could have eliminated this. But is it really a viable option to accept 6-month old technology with the iPhone 5 just round the corner?

Apple and Verizon have really thrown the cat among the pigeons with this one leaving us all confused as to which is the best way to turn. It will certainly be interesting to see if Verizon will be able to sell the predicted 8 million+ iPhone’s with the fifth-generation just 5 months away.

Chip Chick’s Helena Stone gave her opinion stating that even Verizon’s improved service would not entice her to switch, for her waiting for the iPhone 5 was the better choice.

While Peter believes that the best option, if you want an iPhone, is to move over to Verizon and enjoy its benefits. I believe that if you have waited this long then a few more months to see what Apple will bring at the end of June is the answer.

We are all entitled to our opinions so tell us yours. Do you think that Verizon has pounced to early and left itself with a hill to climb, possibly being 6-months behind in the technology stakes? Or is this part of a master plan?

1. anne says:

i would be so mad if i bought the iphone 4 and then 3 months later a newer version shows up on the market. i am so waiting.

2. Ryan says:

I was eligible for an upgrade last June and have been waiting for Verizon to finally get the iphone. I really want to get it now, but am considering waiting until the end of June for the 5. Will it be that much better? Any ideas what it will include over what the iphone 4 offers?

3. Nicole says:

It's worth the wait, Apple will have much more upgrades on the iPhone 5, so settling for the iPhone 4 just because of service would be a waste of money.

4. CERTON says:

LTE will cost you $19 monthly charges more than CDMA

5. Mandee says:

I still have the 3g, My contract is up in June….PERFECT! I can then choose to go to Verizon or maybe stay with AT&T and get my hands on the 5…….at least with timing like that I can make an educated choice.

6. Mike says:

Only question left to ask is will the iPhone 5 be available on Verizon. Since there are two different types with the different networks would it be easier for Apple to release the 5 on AT&T and hold off on releasing it for Verizon?

7. verizon says:

Ha ! Verizon is giving u the ultimatum soon, upgrade now or lose ur upgrade privileges, you will see this coming soon to a store near you in end of January, enjoy the monopoly these guys are pulling .

8. Kelly says:

my 2 year contract will in June, so I can either stay on or jump ship, without any crazy penalty.

9. Carlo says:

@Mike: iPhone 5 is rumored to contain a dual GSM/CDMA chip so, presumably, one model and one model only for everyone on any carrier thereafter.

10. Jamaal says:

Im so waiting. I hear there are going to be some sweet new features on the iPhone 5. Im staying with AT&T. I wouldnt switch to Verizon ever.

11. Matt says:

I have the 3g I hate AT&T I live 5mins from boston, and I can barely make a phone call in my bed room! I def jumping ship to go with Verizon, But at the same time I don't wanna blow $200 when the Iphone 5 is around the corner HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

12. Matthew says:

Why not just buy the iPhone4 now (at the discounted rate for joining) then buy the iPhone5 at full price if the improvements are that good? Sure it sounds like throwing good money after bad, but…