If you are currently using social media to market your business, you may want to consider investing more time and effort into it in 2016. Social media sites are an excellent way to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website and generate leads and business, furthermore they offer unique advertising opportunities.
If you would like to concentrate on you social media marketing in 2016, here are 10 resolutions you might consider making:
1. Take a look back at the content you added in 2015. Highlight what mistakes you’ve made, and this year try to avoid them, because social media mistakes can really harm you in the ways you wouldn’t expect (apparently, social media updates can even ruin home cover!) and then highlight which were your most popular posts and what made them popular (was it the content, the use of pictures/videos, or was it simply the time of day you posted? Consider expanding on the your most popular posts from 2015 in 2016.
2. Set growth targets for 2016 by reviewing how your profiles grew during 2015. Push yourself to achieve more followers, but be realistic. Once you have your target, make a plan for how you intend to get there.
3. Think about trying new content, this doesn’t just mean experimenting with new topics, but is also means effectively using photo and video content. Keep the content of your posts high quality, but look at what is popular and what is going viral and update your content accordingly.
4. Instead of posting as and when you have time and/or see something interesting, try creating a calendar for your social media posts. This will ensure you not only post regularly and a diverse range of content, but it will also save you a lot of time.
5. Increase your productivity by using simple productivity tricks, which are designed to help professionals work more efficiently. Instant productivity hacks include mobile phone apps to software that enables control of time, budgets and even allows for project work and sharing of information.
6. Consider starting a campaign, something that is original and creative. Look at some of the most popular campaigns for businesses in you industry and use these as inspiration to create something new and unique to you. Before you start your campaign, decided on your campaign objectives
7. Try to have conversations with your followers on social media in real time, this will help them to feel more connected to you and it is the kind of thing other social media users like to see, which could potentially drive more awareness to your social media page.
8. A/B test all of your sponsored ads before you start spending money on advertising through social media, this will help you to reach the right target audience and with an advert that will grab their attention.
9. Start integrating some user generated content into your own content, this will help you to create quality engagement and develop a relationship with your followers.
10. Carefully budget for your advertising as it is likely that costs will increase in 2016, as will the volume of competition. Start saving for this increase in price as soon as the New Year starts.
If you stick to even half of these resolutions, you will find that the effectiveness of your social media marketing campaign is greatly increased. Though this will involve investing a great deal of time into your social media site the benefits of this will be highly noticeable, as traffic to your website increases and with it your customer base develops and grows.