New iPhone 5 Release Indicator: Manufacturing Already Begun

As an Apple iPhone 5 release seems to get more within reach every day, news and speculation continues to flood in. Just in the last few days we’ve discussed the lost iPhone prototype and whether this might be a plan for Apple to steal the thunder of the Galaxy S II, talked about new security job postings for Apple and told how some consumers are now able to reserve their iPhone 5’s already. Today we have another release indicator with news that iPhone 5 manufacturing has already begun.

We’ve published many posts recently about a rumored October release for the iPhone 5 and reports that it is now already being produced back this up further. Apparently Foxconn and Pegatron are both now in the manufacturing process according to the International Business Times, sourced from Japanese website, Macotakara. We have to point out that Macotakara has a somewhat mixed record on Apple product leaks but this is being widely reported so does seem likely.

The Japanese report tells how iPhone 5 units are being produced and stocked up but not yet packed as iOS 5.0 is not yet ready to install but is rumored to be coming in October. It has been a long-held belief that the next iPhone would launch with iOS 5.0 out of the box and this also backs up that speculation. A report on Apple Insider tells how Foxconn will be producing 85% of iPhone 5 orders and Pegatron the remaining 15%.

In more iPhone 5 news, another Apple Insider report by Slash Lane tells how two different suppliers have secured deals with Apple to provide the 8-megapixel camera lenses for the next iPhone. The Taiwan Economic News reported that both Largan Precision and Genius Electronic Optical are the manufacturers concerned and also both provided 5-megapixel lens modules for the iPhone 4. This further backs up all those previous rumors of an improved 8-megapixel camera for the iPhone 5, which will please many consumers waiting for Apple’s next offering.

Are you waiting patiently (or maybe not so patiently) for the Apple iPhone 5? Does this latest news give you more hope that it is indeed coming soon? Let us know by sending your comments.